FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE & SCHOLARSHIPS
We encourage our students to apply for assistance.
U.S. Federal Financial Aid for
To be eligible to receive financial aid in the form of Federal student loans and grants, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. Permanent Resident status.
- Plan to enroll in one of GIA’s aid-eligible programs at our New York campus. These include:
◦ Graduate Gemologist
◦ Jewelry Design & Technology
- Please note that Distance Education (eLearning and lab classes) are not eligible for U.S. Federal Financial Aid. However, scholarships are available.
We recommend you complete the following two steps to apply for financial aid at least two months before your class starts:
STEP 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For instructions click here.
STEP 2: Download and complete the GIA Financial Aid Program Selection Form.Aid Options
GIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPSGIA-administered merit-based are available for the GIA Carlsbad Campus to qualified applicants.
- Applicants are considered for all available scholarships.
- GIA Scholarship award recipients are only eligible for one scholarship award per year.
- All applications are submitted through the GIA “online” scholarship portal.
- Applications are accepted ONLY during the application period.
- Merit-based Scholarship application requirements and eligibility
The number of scholarships awarded, as well as the amount of each award, will vary by campus location, and the number of qualified applicants received.
GIA merit-based scholarship application cycles are open during these months:
- September 1 – 30 (for start dates between January and June the following year)
- March 1 – 31 (for start dates between July and December the same year)
These scholarships are available year-round for On Campus programs at the GIA New York Campus for those that qualify. Scholarships are available for Graduate Gemologist and Jewelry Design & Technology programs.
A scholarship application is not required; however, you may be required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) application and or provide proof of eligibility. If eligible, our Financial Assistance team will assist with awarding.