Create FSA ID prior to filing the FAFSA®. If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, one of your parents must create a FSA ID. It is highly recommended that students (and their parents) use the FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
To complete your FAFSA application, you will need information listed below:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your parents’ Social Security Numbers if you are a dependent student
- Your Driver’s License Number if you have one
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information, tax documents, or tax returns, including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student:
- IRS Form1040
- Foreign tax return or IRS Form 1040-NR
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (but not including the home in which you live); and business and farm assets for you and for your parents if you are a dependent student
For more information, visit Studentaid.gov.
GIA Federal School Code for Carlsbad and New York Campuses: 015765