Graduate Diamonds Program
GIA invented the science of grading diamonds with the 4Cs and the International Diamond Grading System™ – standards used by jewelry professional around the world. So there’s no better place to study the art and science of diamond grading.
What You'll Learn
- Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut, and carat weight), and explore how they affect diamond value
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Detect diamond synthetics, treatments, and simulants
- Recognize when advanced testing is required
- Speak the language of diamonds confidently to customers, suppliers, and vendors
Possible Career Paths
- Auction House Jewelry Specialist
- Diamond Buyer
- Diamond Sorter/Grader
- Jewelry Business Owner
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Diamonds diploma program.
DIAMONDS & DIAMOND GRADING
Judge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs and color.
EQUIPMENT & INSTRUMENTATION
Learn diamond identification and grading skills GIA graders use.
TREATMENTS, SYNTHETICS & IMITATIONS
Identify diamonds that have been treated or are imitations.
MARKETS & SUPPLY CHAINS
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
SELECT A CAMPUS AND LEARN MORE
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Graduate Diamonds diploma by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative program opens up a world of opportunity.