Financial Assistance & Scholarships
Attain your dream of a GIA education with the help of a scholarship, grant, or loan. GIA also accepts outside sources to fund your education, including vocational rehabilitation and Veterans’ benefits.
We encourage our students to apply for assistance.
U.S. FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
To be eligible to receive financial aid in the form of Federal student loans and grants, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. Permanent Resident status.
- Plan to enroll in one of GIA’s aid-eligible programs at our Carlsbad or New York campus. These include:
◦ Graduate Gemologist®
◦ Jewelry Design & Technology
◦ Graduate Jeweler
- Graduate Diamonds, Graduate Colored Stones, Jewelry Design, and Comprehensive CAD/CAM for jewelry programs are not eligible for U.S. Federal Financial Aid.
- Online courses and Lab Classes are not eligible for U.S. Federal Financial Aid
Complete the following steps to apply for U.S. Federal Financial Aid at least two months prior to your program start:
GIA offers scholarships for on-campus programs, lab classes, and online courses to assist students with the cost of tuition for those who qualify.GIA-administered scholarships are available for GIA campuses worldwide. Applicants will complete one online application to be considered for all available scholarships.Merit-based scholarship application cycles are open during these months: