Jewelry Design Certificate
Get ready to turn your inspirations into designs with the Jewelry Design course. You’ll learn drafting, shading, design theory, how to illustrate shape and form using several mediums, and more. At the completion of this Jewelry Design course, you will have a hand-developed portfolio of your work and a digital copy to show prospective employers and clients.
What You’ll Learn with GIA’s Jewelry Design Course
- Develop sources of inspiration
- Understand jewelry design theory and artistry
- Illustrate shape, form, and texture of metal
- Render faceted gems, pearls, colored metals, etc.
- Learn traditional drafting techniques
- Develop motifs to create sketches of jewelry objects
- Create a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers
Possible Career Paths with a Jewelry Design Certificate
- Custom Designer
- Hand Renderer
- Jewelry Business Owner
- Jewelry Designer
- Sales Associate
Topics Covered During This Course
Here are some of the topics covered in the Jewelry Design certificate program.
Learn theory and techniques to inspire your jewelry designs.
Explore your creative side through real-world jewelry design scenarios.
Lay out designs accurately and to scale.
Use watercolor and shading to bring your illustrations to life.
The Jewelry Design Certificate Program is available in Carlsbad, New York and GIA campuses worldwide.
Study At The GIA School On campus, full-time learning
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Jewelry Design certificate by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative program opens up a world of opportunity.Offered at the Following Campuses