Analysis & Grading Pearl Reports & ServicesSubmit a Gemstone
Pearl Identification Report
Details quantity, weight, size, shape, color, origin, mollusk, environment and detectable treatments. For loose, mounted or strung pearls.View Sample Report
Pearl Classification Report
Includes all Identification Report information, plus luster, surface, and matching, if applicable. For loose, mounted, or strung nacreous pearls.View Sample Report
Pearl Identification ReportLoose, mounted, or strung pearls of any type View Sample Report
Pearl Classification ReportLoose, mounted, or strung, untreated nacerous pearls only View Sample Report
|Approximate Cost||$ 200 *||$ 225 *|
|Luster, Surface, Matching||**|
|Tested for Treatments|
GIA Add-On Services give you further information on your pearl.
GIA Follow-Up Services verify, re-evaluate or update results from your original GIA Report.
GIA Specialty Services offer further analysis and information on your noteworthy pearls.
GIA Batch Services utilize GIA-developed technology to analyze and sort pearls based on varying test types.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have a GIA report in an old format. How can I get the 2014 version?
- Which analysis and grading services are offered at each laboratory location?
- How do I pay for analysis and grading services?
- What does “Predominantly” mean on a pearl report?
- Can I put multiple pearls or items on one pearl report?
- What pearl grading system does GIA use?
- What is the difference between natural and cultured pearls?
- How does the GIA Pearl Classification Report address nacre thickness?
Report Check Plus
Easily download grading results and PDFs of multiple reports at once.Learn More
Lab Return DatesView
Analysis & Grading FeesView Fee Schedule
Facetware Cut Estimator
Contact Lab Services
Questions? Call +1 800 421 7250 ext 7590 orContact Us
+1 760 603 4500 ext 7590
GIA LocationsWorldwide Locations