Analysis & Grading Colored Stone Reports & ServicesSubmit a Gemstone
Colored Stone Identification Report
Identifies and describes a material and lists detectable treatments. For any polished, rough, loose or mounted material.View Sample Report
Colored Stone Identification & Origin Report
An Identification Report, with geographic origin added. For polished, rough, loose or mounted natural ruby, sapphire, emerald, Paraíba tourmaline, and red spinel only.View sample report
Colored Stone Identification ReportAny material, any size View Sample Report
Colored Stone Identification & Origin ReportRuby, sapphire, emerald, Paraíba tourmaline, and red spinel only View sample report
|Approximate Cost||$ 120 *||$ 170 *|
|Full Gemological Exam|
|Tested for Treatments|
|Results & Observations|
|Full Color Image|
**If origin can be determined and is applicable to the gemstone type.
Colored Stone Services
GIA Add-On Services give you further information or security for your colored stone.
GIA Follow-Up Services verify, re-evaluate or update results from your original GIA Report.
GIA Specialty Services offer further analysis and information on your noteworthy colored stones.
GIA Batch Services utilize GIA-developed technology to analyze and sort colored stones based on varying test types.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have a GIA report in an old format. How can I get the 2014 version?
- Which analysis and grading services are offered at each laboratory location?
- How do I pay for analysis and grading services?
- On a Laboratory report for a treated emerald, what does F1, F2 and F3 mean?
- What does heat treated mean?
- Why doesn't GIA issue grading reports for colored stones?
- How does GIA test colored stones?
- What is the GemPass Redemption Program?
Report Check Plus
Easily download grading results and PDFs of multiple reports at once.Learn More
Lab Return DatesView
Analysis & Grading FeesView Fee Schedule
Facetware Cut Estimator
Contact Lab Services
Questions? Call +1 800 421 7250 ext 7590 orContact Us
+1 760 603 4500 ext 7590
GIA LocationsWorldwide Locations