Graduate Diamonds Program
GIA invented the science of grading diamonds with the 4Cs and the International Diamond Grading System™ – standards used by jewelry professional around the world. So there’s no better place to study the art and science of diamond grading.
What You'll Learn
- Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut, and carat weight), and explore how they affect diamond value
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Detect laboratory-grown diamonds, treatments, and simulants
- Recognize when advanced testing is required
Possible Career Paths
- Auction House Jewelry Specialist
- Diamond Buyer
- Diamond Sorter/Grader
- Jewelry Business Owner
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Diamonds diploma program.
Judge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs and color.
Learn diamond identification and grading skills GIA graders use.
Identify gemstones that have been laboratory-grown, treated or are imitations.
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
SELECT A CAMPUS AND LEARN MORE
STUDY AT THE GIA SCHOOL On Campus, full-time learning
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Graduate Diamonds diploma by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative program opens up a world of opportunity.Offered at the Following Campuses
Distance Education ONLINE ELEARNING CLASSES + HANDS-ON LAB CLASSES
Complete two eLearning courses and one on-campus lab class to earn your Graduate Diamonds diploma. It’s the same prestigious diploma completed at a pace that suits your life.
English language eLearning courses are offered through the Carlsbad campus.