Graduate Diamonds Program
The Graduate Diamonds diploma program examines the technical expertise needed to grade, buy, and sell diamonds with the insight of a seasoned professional. This diploma program explores the GIA diamond grading procedures to assess the 4Cs – color, clarity, cut and carat weight – and how they affect diamond value. Students use professional diamond grading equipment for the purposes of examining a diamond’s quality characteristics to grade and identify diamonds.
What You'll Learn
- Develop in-depth, hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut and carat weight); appreciate how they affect diamond value
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Detect diamonds treatments, simulants and laboratory-grown diamonds
- Recognize when advanced testing is required
Possible Career Paths
- Auction House Jewelry Specialist
- Diamond Buyer
- Diamond Grader
- Diamond Assorter
- Jewelry Business Owner
- Jewelry Sales Professional
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Diamonds diploma program.
Judge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs and color.
Learn diamond identification and grading skills GIA graders use.
Identify gemstones that have been laboratory-grown, treated or are imitations.
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
SELECT A CAMPUS AND LEARN MORE
STUDY AT THE GIA SCHOOL On Campus, full-time learning
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Graduate Diamonds diploma by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative program opens up a world of opportunity.Offered at the Following Campuses