Comprehensive CAD/CAM For Jewellery Certificate
This course covers the skills necessary to become a CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technician. Skills taught include using CAD software to develop models and photorealistic renderings. Topics covered also include subtractive and additive CAM machines, jewellery manufacturing techniques, GIA's Quality Assurance Benchmarks and jewellery-engineering fundamentals.
What You'll Learn
- Create CAD models within the metrics of scale, proportion and element relationships
- Develop CAD models within the constraints of cost, time, size, style and manufacturing methods
- Distinguish between various CAD software and various CAM methods, including 3D printing
- Model and render manufacturable pieces of jewellery using CAD
Possible Career Paths
- CAD Service Bureau Technician
- Jewelry CAD Technician
- Product Developer
Here are some of the topics covered in Comprehensive CAD/CAM for Jewelry.
Model jewellery in 3D using CAD software.
Create photorealistic images of your 3D designs.
Learn how technology can transform digital designs into physical prototypes.
Apply CAD engineering parameters to create jewellery that is built to last.
Available in Carlsbad, New York and London.
STUDY AT THE GIA SCHOOL On campus, full-time learning
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewellery and earn your Comprehensive CAD/CAM diploma by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative programme opens up a world of opportunity.Offered at the following Campuses