GIA Melee Analysis Service
To address concerns about synthetic and treated diamonds being mixed into parcels of melee, GIA has developed an automated system to analyze and sort melee-size diamonds quickly and accurately.
The GIA Melee Analysis Service separates natural, untreated diamonds from simulants, synthetic and HPHT treated natural diamonds, and sorts the screened diamonds by color range. Clients can also specify a size range for their parcel. Once sorted, the melee will be sealed in secure packaging for shipment back to the submitting client.
GIA Melee Analysis ServicePlay
- Separates natural, untreated diamonds from simulants, synthetic and HPHT treated natural diamonds
- Sorts natural, untreated diamonds by color range
- Screens 1,800 to 2,000 stones per hour
- Secure packaging
- Melee 0.9 to 4.0mm (approx. 0.005 to 0.25 ct.)
- D-to-Z diamonds
- Round shape only
- Minimum submission quantity - 500 stones per parcel
- Items must be thoroughly cleaned prior to submission
Each result type will be delivered in a separate, secure package:
- Outside of Service Criteria - The contents of this package are either outside requested sorting diameter range or not round in shape
- Simulant - The contents of this package have been determined to not be diamond and are simulants.
- Synthetic - The contents of this package have been identified as synthetic diamonds.
- HPHT Treated Natural - The contents of this package have been identified as HPHT treated natural diamonds.
- Color Sorting Ranges (if selected) for natural, untreated diamonds
- Outside D-to-Z
Request More Information
Diamond Grading Reports
With objectivity and expertise as its hallmarks, GIA ensures the integrity and accuracy of every report it issues.View Reports
Additional Diamond Services
View all additional services available for D-to-Z diamonds.Learn More
Fee SchedulesView fees by gemstone and currency.
View Fee Schedule
My Laboratory - Your 24/7 Concierge
Manage your GIA account online with My Laboratory. It’s free for any current laboratory client with an email address.Learn More