Service, Payment and Shipping Instructions by Laboratory Location
No matter where you are in the world, you can submit diamonds, colored stones and pearls directly to any GIA laboratory location and be assured of consistent quality and service.
WHERE TO SUBMIT
On-site services at each lab location vary. If you submit your item to a location where the requested service is not available, your item will be securely transported to the appropriate GIA laboratory and returned to its point of origin. Additional shipping charges will be applied in this instance.
|Ramat Gan||0.15-3.99 carats|
|Hong Kong||0.15-3.99 carats||Yellow Diamonds
*No services performed at this location. Take-in location staffed by GIA personnel.
You can also choose to submit through our network of GIA LabDirect Consolidators, who will route your items to the appropriate location and organize the details of international shipping for you. Please contact the Consolidator directly for submission and payment information.
Note that additional taxes/fees may apply, including local taxes, depending on the country where your items are submitted.
How to Submit
For existing clients, always include your client account number in every submission.
If you are a new client and do not have a client number, please include the following in your first shipment:
- Signed Client Agreement
Acceptable shipping methods at each laboratory location vary. Please be sure to use one of the accepted shipping methods.
Acceptable Shipping Methods
|US Registered Mail||Air/Armored Courier||In Person
Drop Off/Pick Up
|Gaborone||Malca-Amit or Brinks only|
|Johannesburg||Malca-Amit or Brinks only|
*Please note that our New York location has different shipping addresses, depending on the shipping method.
**By appointment only. Limit 2 appointments per week/5 items per appointment
PAYMENT FOR LABORATORY SERVICES
Acceptable methods of payment:
- Cashier’s checks
- Business checks (from the gem and jewelry industry)
- Money orders
- Credit card (payment by phone only)
- Wire transfer
Additional payment requirements:
- Payment must be made in full before reports and items will be returned unless you are approved to invoice. For more information on this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment must be made in the local currency of the laboratory submitted to
- Cashier’s Checks, Business Checks and Money Orders will be drawn on a bank within the local country of the laboratory submitted to. Items shipped to GIA from GIA Lab Consolidators must be paid in US dollars
- Call or email your local laboratory for wire transfer information including GIA’s account and routing numbers
For questions about payment, please call +1 760-603-4500 option 8, or email email@example.com
Find shipping addresses and contact information for GIA laboratory locations around the world.View All Lab Locations
Diamond Grading Reports
With objectivity and expertise as its hallmarks, GIA ensures the integrity and accuracy of every report it issues.View Reports
Additional Diamond Services
View all additional services available for D-to-Z diamonds.Learn More
How to Package A Gem
My Laboratory - Your 24/7 Concierge
Manage your GIA account online with My Laboratory. It’s free for any current laboratory client with an email address.Learn More