No matter where you are in the world, you can submit diamonds, colored stones and pearls directly to any GIA laboratory location and be assured of consistent quality and service.
WHERE TO SUBMIT
On-site services at each lab location vary. If you submit your item to a location where the requested service is not available, your item will be securely transported to the appropriate GIA laboratory and returned to its point of origin. Additional shipping charges will be applied in this instance.
|Hong Kong||0.15-3.99 carats||Yellow Diamonds
|Ramat Gan||0.15-3.99 carats|
You can also choose to submit through our network of GIA LabDirect Consolidators, who will route your items to the appropriate location and organize the details of international shipping for you. Please contact the Consolidator directly for submission and payment information.
Note that additional taxes/fees may apply, including local taxes, depending on the country where your items are submitted.
How to Submit
You must have a GIA laboratory service account prior to submitting any items to GIA for analysis. If you do not already have an account, create a new lab account. If you are not submitting in person, call the GIA laboratory where you are shipping your items to provide your credit card information.
When shipping items to GIA, be sure to wrap each item in individual parcel papers. Along with your shipment, include a memo with the following information:
- Client Name & Account Number
- Main Address (must match the main address provided on your client account)
- Primary Account Contact
- Service(s) Requested by Stone - please include size and shape of each stone
- Return shipping instructions (if any)
- Special instructions
How to Prepare Your Shipment
Acceptable Shipping Methods
Acceptable shipping methods at each laboratory location vary. Please be sure to use one of the accepted shipping methods.
|US Registered Mail||Air/Armored Courier||In Person
Drop Off/Pick Up
|Bangkok||Malca-Amit or Brinks only|
|Gaborone||Malca-Amit or Brinks only|
|Johannesburg||Malca-Amit or Brinks only|
*Please note that our New York location has different shipping addresses, depending on the shipping method.
**Please note that our Antwerp location has different shipping addresses, depending on the shipping method.
***By appointment only. Limit 2 appointments per week/5 items per appointment.
PAYMENT FOR LABORATORY SERVICES
Acceptable methods of payment:
- Cashier’s checks
- Business checks (from the gem and jewelry industry)
- Money orders
- Credit card (payment by phone only)
- Wire transfer
Additional payment requirements:
- Payment must be made in full before reports and items will be returned unless you are approved to invoice. For more information on this process, contact us
- Payment must be made in the local currency of the laboratory submitted to
- Cashier’s Checks, Business Checks and Money Orders will be drawn on a bank within the local country of the laboratory submitted to. Items shipped to GIA from GIA Lab Consolidators must be paid in US dollars
- Call or email your local laboratory for wire transfer information including GIA’s account and routing numbers
For questions about payment, please call +1 760-603-4500 option 8, or contact us