FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE & SCHOLARSHIPS
We encourage our students to apply for assistance.
U.S. Federal Financial Aid for
To be eligible to receive financial aid in the form of Federal student loans and grants, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. Permanent Resident status.
- Plan to enroll in one of GIA’s aid-eligible programs at our Carlsbad or New York campus. These include:
◦ Graduate Gemologist®
◦ Graduate Jeweler
◦ Jewelry Design & Technology
- Please note that Distance Education (eLearning and lab classes) are not eligible for U.S. Federal Financial Aid. However, scholarships are available.
We recommend you complete the following two steps to apply for financial aid at least two months before your class starts:
STEP 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For instructions click here.
STEP 2: Download and complete the GIA Financial Aid Program Selection Form.Aid Options
GIA is now accepting scholarships applications for GIA programs and courses.
GIA-administered scholarships are available for GIA campuses worldwide.
• Applicants will be considered for all available scholarships.
• Applicants are eligible to be awarded one scholarship each calendar year.
• All applications must be submitted online through the GIA website.
• Applications are accepted ONLY during the application period.
The number of scholarships awarded, as well as the amount of each award, will vary by campus location, the number of qualified applicants received and GIA’s ability to effectively deliver the course or program due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Several of GIA's scholarships may be awarded based on student financial need. Students in the U.S. seeking need-based scholarships for GIA on-campus programs are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. Those students opting not to complete the FAFSA application will not be considered for need-based scholarships.
For additional details on eligibility, how to apply and required documents, click here.