Graduate Diamonds Program
GIA invented the science of grading diamonds with the 4Cs and the International Diamond Grading System™ – standards used by jewelry professional around the world. So there’s no better place to study the art and science of diamond grading.
What You'll Learn
- Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut, and carat weight), and explore how they affect diamond value
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Detect diamond synthetics, treatments, and simulants
- Recognize when advanced testing is required
- Speak the language of diamonds confidently to customers, suppliers, and vendors
Possible Career Paths
- Auction House Jewelry Specialist
- Diamond Buyer
- Diamond Sorter/Grader
- Jewelry Business Owner
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Diamonds diploma program.
Diamonds and Diamond Grading
Judge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs and color.
EQUIPMENT & INSTRUMENTATION
Learn diamond identification and grading skills GIA graders use.
TREATMENTS, SYNTHETICS & IMITATIONS
Identify diamonds that have been treated or are imitations.
MARKETS & SUPPLY CHAINS
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
TWO WAYS TO LEARN
GIA offers two learning methods to suit your needs.
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Graduate Diamonds diploma by studying on a GIA campus. This transformative program opens up a world of opportunity.