Jewelry Design & Technology Program
Jewelry design and manufacturing is undergoing a dramatic transformation. Succeed in this changing marketplace with the Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program. You’ll learn CAD design software, product concept development, manufacturing techniques, rapid prototyping, and more. This program is currently available in Carlsbad.Apply Now
What You'll Learn
- Employ principles of design theory
- Develop motifs and design concepts
- Layout jewelry designs using CAD
- Operate CAM machines for the production of prototype pieces
- Understand common manufacturing processes for production of single and multiple pieces
- Develop techniques to identify and troubleshoot problems resulting from the design and manufacture of pieces
Possible Career Paths
- CAD/CAM Technician
- Product Developer
Here are some of the topics covered in the Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program.
Learn how to illustrate shape and the texture of metal.
Design jewelry using state-of-the-art CAD software.
Learn to operate prototyping equipment. Know what affects CAD designs.
How You'll Earn the Jewelry Design & Technology Diploma
Offered at GIA World Headquarters and Robert Mouawad Campus in Carlsbad, CA.
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Jewelry Design & Technoloogy diploma by studying at the Carlsbad campus. This transformative 26-week program opens up a world of opportunity.
The Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program is only offered on campus.