Jewelry Design & Technology Program
The Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program covers topics essential to becoming a jewelry designer and technology professional, including creating a piece of jewelry in CAD, understanding the challenges that come with its manufacturing, and knowing how to make it within budget.Apply Now
What You'll Learn
- Use design concepts, including texture, shape, form, balance, negative space, color, and more
- Apply jewelry engineering concepts to make durable, comfortable, and long-lasting pieces
- Create, render, and prototype designs using CAD software, CAM hardware, and 3D printers
- Design CAD models using scale, proportion, and element relationships; and within the constraints of cost, time, size, style, and manufacturing methods
- Select appropriate precious metals and gems based on engineering, design, and manufacturing considerations
- Determine optimal manufacturing processes
- Inspect prototypes to ensure proper engineering and that they meet GIA Quality Assurance Benchmarks
- Develop digital and physical portfolios of class projects for potential clients and employers
Possible Career Paths
- CAD Designer
- CAM Machine Operator
- Jewelry Business Owner
- Jewelry Buyer
- Manufacturing Executive
- Product Developer
- Quality Assurance
Here are some of the skills you’ll learn.
Learn how to illustrate shape and the texture of metal.
Design jewelry using state-of-the-art CAD software.
Learn to operate prototyping equipment. Know what affects CAD designs.
Jewelry Design & Technology Tour The Future of Design Lives Here
HOW YOU’LL LEARN
Offered at GIA World Headquarters and The Robert Mouawad Campus in Carlsbad, CA.
The Jewelry Design & Technology is a 26-week program taught only in Carlsbad.
The Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program is only offered on campus.