Jewelry Design & Technology Program
The Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program covers topics essential to becoming a jewelry designer and technology professional, including creating a piece of jewelry in CAD, understanding the challenges that come with its manufacturing, and knowing how to make it within budget.Apply Now
What You'll Learn
- Use design concepts, including texture, shape, form, balance, negative space, color, and more
- Apply jewelry engineering concepts to make durable, comfortable, and long-lasting pieces
- Create, render, and prototype designs using CAD software, CAM hardware, and 3D printers
- Design CAD models using scale, proportion, and element relationships; and within the constraints of cost, time, size, style, and manufacturing methods
- Select appropriate precious metals and gems based on engineering, design, and manufacturing considerations
- Determine optimal manufacturing processes
- Inspect prototypes to ensure proper engineering and that they meet GIA Quality Assurance Benchmarks
- Develop digital and physical portfolios of class projects for potential clients and employers
Possible Career Paths
- CAD Designer
- CAM Machine Operator
- Jewelry Business Owner
- Jewelry Buyer
- Manufacturing Executive
- Product Developer
- Quality Assurance
Here are some of the skills you’ll learn.
Learn how to illustrate shape and the texture of metal.
Design jewelry using state-of-the-art CAD software.
Learn to operate prototyping equipment. Know what affects CAD designs.
HOW YOU’LL LEARN
Offered at GIA World Headquarters and Robert Mouawad Campus in Carlsbad, CA.
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewelry and earn your Jewelry Design & Technology diploma by studying at the Carlsbad campus. This transformative 26-week program opens up a world of opportunity.
The Jewelry Design & Technology diploma program is only offered on campus.