Graduate Jeweler Program
The Graduate Jeweler diploma program is a hands-on learning experience that prepares you for a career as a bench jeweler, and covers skills valuable for jewelry designers, CAD modelers, and sales professionals. You will work with gemstones and precious metals, taking projects from castings to finished, set, and polished pieces.Apply Now
What You'll Learn
- Make and repair jewelry in a sustainable manner in a quiet, clean, and modern environment
- Set a variety of stone shapes, including princess cut stones and trillions, in channel setting, bezel setting, and prong setting, in white gold, yellow gold, and platinum
- Performing the most common jewelry repairs, alterations, and reconstructions, such as sizing rings, rebuilding prongs, refinishing worn jewelry, repairing broken chains, and strengthening old jewelry by installing new shanks
- Apply textured and polished finishes to jewelry surfaces on a variety of different metals
- Use fabrication and forging techniques, and laser-welding technology for gold, silver, and platinum
- Evaluate and improve workmanship by using GIA quality assurance benchmarks
Possible Career Paths
- Bench Jeweler
- Business Owner
- Custom Order Jeweler
- Jewelry Repair Technician
- Manufacturing Executive
- Professional Buyer
- Quality Control Specialist
- Stone Setter
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Jeweler program.
Learn to operate prototyping equipment. Know what affects CAD designs.
Learn how to use tools to repair jewelry.
Learn the basics of metal working: soldering, finishing, and more.
Develop skills for fabrication, custom order, and repair.
Learn how to spot manufacturing defects and what causes them.
Learn techniques for multiple stone setting shapes and styles.
Graduate Jeweler Tour Hands-On Bench Experience
HOW YOU’LL LEARN
Offered at GIA World Headquarters and The Robert Mouawad Campus in Carlsbad, CA.
The Graduate Jeweler diploma is a 26-week program taught only in Carlsbad.
The Graduate Jeweler diploma program is only offered on campus.