Financial Assistance & Scholarships
Attain your dream of a GIA education with the help of scholarships, grants, or loans. We encourage both distance education students (eLearning and lab class) and on-campus students to apply for assistance, and we are happy to help you coordinate your efforts. GIA also accepts outside sources to fund your on-campus education, including vocational and veterans’ benefits.
To be eligible for financial aid in the form of federal student loans and grants, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Plan to enroll in one of GIA’s full-time on-campus programs in Carlsbad or New York
- Plan to enroll in an eligible program: Graduate Gemologist, Graduate Jeweler, or Jewelry Design & Technology
GIA-administered scholarships are available for on-campus and distance education (eLearning and lab class) students.
- Applicants will be considered for all available scholarships
- Apply between March 1 and April 30 for scholarships for the current calendar year
- Apply between June 15 and October 31 for scholarships for the upcoming calendar year