What is the GIA Global Leadership Program?Developed by the Harvard Business School (HBS), the program focuses on new research and best practices to deliver practical value and actionable techniques. Participants learn using the HBS case study method, drawing on Harvard’s vast repository of business intelligence. Interactive lectures and small study groups ensure lively, thought provoking discussions and innovative ideas.
Taught by renowned Harvard faculty
- David Ager, Senior Fellow, Managing Director, Executive Development, Executive Education
- Dennis Campbell, Dwight P. Robinson Jr. Professor of Business Administration; Unit Head, Accounting and Management
- Krishna Palepu, Ross Graham Walker Professor of Business Administration
- Additional faculty to be announced
Core themes of the GIA Global Leadership ProgramWhile the central topic may change year to year, the program addresses core themes that are fundamental to global businesses:
- Strategy: to promote a competitive advantage and enhance the customer value proposition
- Customer Centricity: to develop deep customer knowledge and build a high performing organization that exceeds customer expectations
- Leadership: to mobilize, motivate and align people to achieve greater performance
Who attends?Executives and decision makers who constitute industry leadership, representing the full scope of activity and geography of the global gem and jewelry industry. Attendance is by invitation only.
Participant selection50 participants are selected each year from the highest executive levels, with one participant per company attending. The selective nature of the program helps ensure the highest engagement with Harvard faculty and an open and fruitful collaboration among peers.
Program certificatesUpon successful completion, participants are awarded a Harvard Business School certificate of program completion.
Past GIA Global Leadership Programs2023 – Building Purpose and Resilience in the Face of Uncertainty
2022 – Industry Transformation
2019 – Innovation
2018 – Authentic Leadership, Disruptive Innovation and Customer Centricity (held in conjunction with the International Gemological Symposium, in Carlsbad, California)
2018 – Unleashing the Power of People: Genuine Leadership
2017 – Transforming Business by Leveraging Big Data
2016 – Disruptive Innovation
2015 – Marketing, Branding, Strategy and Communications
2014 – Strategy, Customer Centricity, Leading High Performance Teams