GIA’s 4Cs Guide app features video and interactive tools that teach you about how GIA grades color, cut, clarity and carat weight. It explains GIA’s D-to-Z color scale and how diamond color can affect value, GIA’s clarity scale and how diamond clarity can affect value, the factors that affect a diamond’s cut grade and the origins of the carat system.
Available in English and Simplified Chinese.
Interactive tools show:
- How diamond color changes across the GIA D-to-Z Color Scale
- Typical inclusions and blemishes at various points in the GIA Clarity Scale
- A diamond’s anatomy and how various parameters influence a diamond’s cut grade
- How a diamond’s size changes by carat weight and enables you to compare the sizes of different diamonds
- An interactive GIA Grading Report Anatomy – to help consumers understand the different elements of a GIA report
Additional features include:
- Retailer Lookup (network connection required) allows consumers to find retailers that sell GIA-graded diamonds and/or have GIA-trained sales associates.
- Information on fluorescence, common diamond treatments, synthetics and simulants.
- Direct Access to GIA Report Check (network connection required) - GIA’s online database of reports. Consumers can verify the contents of a GIA report and view a PDF version of that report simply by entering a GIA report number.
Retailers can find a version of the 4Cs app for use at point of sale with
4Cs App for Retailers
- Informative and interactive content to help you educate your clients about diamonds, the 4Cs and GIA reports
- Direct access to GIA Report Check (network connection required)
- Perfect for over-the-counter presentations using any tablet