GIA Reports - New Format
About The New Format
Beginning January 2014, GIA’s benchmark laboratory reports will have a new look. They’ll contain the same trusted grading and identification data in an easier-to-read format. The reports will also contain enhanced security features and unique QR codes providing direct access to Report Check for quick report verification. The new reports consume less paper and other materials to help clients reduce their storage and postage costs.
Exchanging Reports for the Revised Format
The introduction of the revised format will not affect the validity of previously issued reports. If you’d still like to exchange your current report for one in the new format, GIA’s Reissue Program offers a cost-effective way to do so.
Reports Qualifying for Reissue: Any prior version report dated on or after January 1, 2013. (Reports dated prior to January 1, 2013 are subject to the standard update service and fees.)
Reports dated January 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013: $10 USD for Dossier; $15 USD for all other reports.
Reports dated July 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013: No Charge
All requests for reissues at these special rates must be submitted by December 31, 2014, otherwise regular Update Service and corresponding fees apply.
How the Reissue Program works:
• Complete a Reissue Request form and submit along with your current report to any GIA laboratory or intake location worldwide
• You do not need to resubmit your gemstones
• Free shipping and handling
• Please allow up to 10 business days to process after the request and original report are received
• Reports issued in new format will carry the date of the original report
• If payment is required, you will be invoiced in the local currency of the lab where you submitted
• Reissue program expires December 31, 2014
|Laboratory or GIA In-take Location||Dossier reports dated January 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013||
All other reports dated January 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013
All Reports Dated July 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013*
|Dubai||AED 35||AED 50||No Charge|
|Gaborone||P 80||P 115||No Charge|
|Hong Kong||HK$80||HK$115||No Charge|
|Johannesburg||R 90||R 135||No Charge|
|Ramat Gan||$10 USD||$15 USD||No Charge|
*You must submit your request by December 31, 2014, otherwise stated fees apply.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Download reissue request form to submit 10 or fewer items
DownloadExcel form to submit more than 10 items