She will also include photos and information about:
• pearl imitations and how to detect them
• unbleached natural-color cultured Akoya pearls in the market
• pearl treatments and how to detect some of them
• natural-color cultured “black pearls” from Tahiti and the Sea of Cortez, which have become more colorful in the past 10 years
• natural pearls from oysters, mussels, abalone, clams, scallops and conch snails
All are welcome to attend; whether you're a GIA graduate, student, industry associate, hobbyist or guest. Please share this invitation with any others you feel would be interested.