Graduate Pearls Program
Satisfy the most discriminating buyers with your knowledge of pearls. Your coursework includes the latest research told through a captivating collection of audio, video, and multimedia – and it’s all online.
What You'll Learn
- Explain the differences between natural and cultured pearls
- Evaluate and grade cultured pearls based on GIA’s 7 Pearl Value Factors™
- Describe the components of the GIA Pearl Report(s)
- Describe cultured pearl types and their sources
- Identify “other” pearl types found in the marketplace
- Describe common pearl treatments
- Understand the relationship of beauty, value, and quality
- Learn the process of pearl culturing and marketing
Possible Career Paths
- Jewelry Business Owner
- Pearl Buyer
- Pearl Sorter/Grader
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Pearls diploma program.
Judge and grade pearls using GIA’s7 Pearl Value Factors™.
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
How You’ll Earn the Graduate Pearls Diploma
Online eLearning + Hands-On Lab Class