Financial Assistance & Scholarships
Attain your dream of a GIA education with the help of a scholarship, grant, or loan. GIA also accepts outside sources to fund your education, including vocational rehabilitation and Veterans’ benefits.
We encourage our students to apply for assistance.
U.S. Federal Financial Aid for
To be eligible to receive financial aid in the form of Federal student loans and grants, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold U.S. Permanent Resident status.
- Plan to enroll in one of GIA’s aid-eligible programs at our Carlsbad or New York campus. These include:
◦ Graduate Gemologist
◦ Graduate Jeweler
◦ Jewelry Design & Technology
- Please note that Distance Education (eLearning and lab classes) are not eligible for U.S. Federal Financial Aid. However, scholarships are available.
We recommend you complete the following two steps to apply for financial aid at least two months before your class starts:
STEP 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For instructions click here.
STEP 2: Download and complete the GIA Financial Aid Program Selection Form.
STEP 3: If requested by the GIA financial aid team, complete additional forms.
GIA-administered scholarships are available for all GIA campuses around the world.
- Applicants will be considered for all available scholarships.
- Applicants are eligible to be awarded a scholarship once each calendar year.
- All applications must be submited online through the GIA website and are available ONLY during the application periods:
◦ Apply between February 1 and March 31 for a scholarship to be used for new enrollments that start the second half of the current year.
◦ Apply between August 1 and September 30 for a scholarship to be used for new enrollments that start the following year.