Continuing Education Recognition Program
Our Continuing Education Recognition Program offers ongoing learning about the gem and jewelry industry. Stay current with access to the latest knowledge, research and trends.
Any alumni who hold a GIA Graduate Gemologist® or Gemologist Diploma.
- Eight interactive modules (one per month, February through September) via GIA’s online platform, featuring video, stunning photography, and online lectures from experts in gemology.
- Access to GIA eLearning courses materials including Diamond Essentials, Colored Stone Essentials, Diamonds & Diamond Grading, Colored Stones, and Gem Identification.
- Rich multimedia library with hundreds of exclusive videos.
How It Works
- All modules are delivered online through My GIA
- Complete all module activities by December 31 and score 75% or better on each one
Continuing education offerings by the GIA Alumni Association™ are considered avocational or recreational in nature and are not intended to prepare individuals for entry-level employment. They are non-credit bearing and do not lead to a GIA academic credential. They are not eligible for state or federal student financial aid programs and do not fall under the approval of the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) or the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).