Our continuing education program offers ongoing learning about the gem and jewelry industry. Stay current with access to the latest research, trends, and educational content.
Any alumni who hold a GIA Graduate Gemologist or Gemologist Diploma can sign up for the Continuing Education program.
What You’ll Do
- Take online interactive assignments monthly through My GIA
- Receive a completion certificate to display alongside your GIA diplomas
- Eight interactive assignments (one per month, February through September) via GIA’s eLearning platform, featuring video, stunning photography, and online lectures from experts in gemology.
- Access to GIA eLearning courses including Diamond Essentials, Colored Stone Essentials, Diamonds & Diamond Grading, Colored Stones, and Gem Identification.
- Rich multimedia library with hundreds of exclusive videos.
How It Works
- All assignments are delivered online through My GIA
- Complete assignments by December 31 and score 75% or better on each one
- Submit an online Petition to Graduate to receive your GIA Continuing Education Recognition certificate.
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM
Looking to find old friends or make new contacts? GIA maintains a comprehensive directory of alumni to make finding people easier!
FREE ALUMNI RESOURCES
Sign up for AlumConnect, our GIA Alumni newsletter, and stay on top of the latest news, events, and topics.SUBSCRIBE
Find your local GIA Alumni chapter and stay connected. Click Here.