With the growing availability of laboratory-grown diamonds in the marketplace, full disclosure and confidence in knowing what you are buying is now more important than ever. GIA has developed a sophisticated and easy-to-operate desktop instrument to screen for these stones. As of September 2019, the device’s standard capabilities include blue-to-green and brown diamond identification.
The GIA iD100® combines advanced spectroscopic technology with GIA’s 60 years of diamond and gemstone identification research to distinguish natural diamonds from laboratory-grown (HPHT and CVD) diamonds and diamond simulants.
List Price: $4,995.00 USD
- Colourless to near-colourless diamond identification
- NEW: Blue-to-green and brown diamond identification now included
- Automatic identification with results in <2 seconds
- Easy reading result with audio: Pass or Refer for further testing
- Tests both mounted and loose diamonds of 0.9 mm or greater in diameter (approx. 0.005 carat)
GIA iD100® PINK DIAMOND SOFTWARE UPGRADEList Price: $249.00 USD
The GIA iD100 Pink Diamond Software Upgrade is a software add-on to the device that utilises advanced spectroscopic technology, combined with GIA's pink diamond identification research, to distinguish natural pink diamonds from laboratory-grown (HPHT and CVD) diamonds, diamond simulants and natural diamonds whose pink colour is introduced by the common treatment of irradiation and annealing.
Software is available to purchase as an add-on for current GIA iD100 owners or can be purchased and installed when ordering a new device.
Request More Information
Sign up to receive updates about the GIA iD100®.