Graduate Diamonds Programme
GIA invented the science of grading diamonds with the 4Cs and the International Diamond Grading System™ – standards used by jewellery professional around the world. So there’s no better place to study the art and science of diamond grading.
What You'll Learn
- Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (colour, clarity, cut and carat weight), and explore how they affect diamond value
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z colour range
- Detect laboratory-grown diamonds, treatments, and simulants
- Recognise when advanced testing is required
Possible Career Paths
- Auction House Jewellery Specialist
- Diamond Buyer
- Diamond Sorter/Grader
- Jewellery Business Owner
Here are some of the topics covered in the Graduate Diamonds diploma programme.
Judge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs and colour.
Learn about diamond identification and the grading skills GIA graders use.
Identify gemstones that have been laboratory-grown, treated or are imitations.
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
SELECT A CAMPUS AND FIND OUT MORE
STUDY AT THE GIA SCHOOL On campus, full-time learning
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewellery and earn your Graduate Diamonds diploma by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative programme opens up a world of opportunity.Offered at the Following Campuses