Graduate Colored Stones Programme
Identify a stunning variety of gemstones. Evaluate them by quality, rarity and colour. Study the most effective grading, buying and selling techniques. A dazzling spectrum of opportunities awaits those who understand the coloured stone marketplace.
What You'll Learn
- Build a knowledge base about coloured stones and the coloured stone market
- Use gemmological equipment effectively to identify gemstones
- Use the GIA Colored Stone Grading System to evaluate gemstone quality
- Recognise how quality, rarity and colour affect value
- Determine how market factors affect gem value
- Understand how gems are mined, fashioned and brought to the marketplace.
Possible Career Paths
- Auction House Jewellery Specialist
- Coloured Stone Buyer
- Estate Jewellery Dealer
- Jewellery Business Owner
- Jewellery Buyer
- Pawn Broker
Here are key topics covered in the Graduate Colored Stones diploma programme.
Learn about the characteristics of coloured stones, with a focus on ruby, sapphire and emerald.
Identify more than 60 species of gemstones, distinguish natural from laboratory-grown gems, and detect gem treatments.
Learn coloured stone identification skills GIA graders use.
Identify gemstones that have been laboratory-grown, treated or are imitations.
Understand how market factors and the supply chain affect value.
SELECT A CAMPUS AND FIND OUT MORE
STUDY AT THE GIA SCHOOL ACCELERATED, FULL-TIME LEARNING
Immerse yourself in the world of gems and jewellery and earn your Graduate Colored Stones diploma by studying at a GIA campus. This transformative programme opens up a world of opportunity.Offered at the Following Campuses
Distance Education ONLINE ELEARNING CLASSES + HANDS-ON LAB CLASSES
Complete three eLearning courses and two on-campus lab classes to earn your Graduate Colored Stones diploma. It’s the same prestigious diploma completed at a pace that suits your life.
English language eLearning courses are offered through the Carlsbad campus.