Qualified students may be eligible to receive additional types of financial assistance.
If you receive approval from an outside resource that will pay for all or part of your tuition, you must have that organisation contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance prior to your start date on +1 760 603 4000. A letter of authorisation indicating the amount of financial assistance from that organisation must be received by GIA prior to you enrolling in a programme.
The information required from an authorising agency to enrol a client in GIA programmes is listed below.
Vocational Rehab Agency Authorisation Contract
This contract must be on official agency forms or letterhead and contain the following information:
1. Student’s name and address.
2. Student's social security number.
4. Method(s) of study approved for chosen programme: Distance Education, On-Campus, Lab Classes.
5. Total amount authorised for chosen study programme. You may request an Education Plan or for more information on current tuition and fee schedules, click on the following links:
New York Campus
6. Invoicing procedure: Indicate preferred method for receiving invoices and invoicing address. For tuition invoice questions, contact us.
7. Authorising agency contact information: Name, title, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers.
8. Method by which to receive student’s progress reports: Agency contact’s e-mail or by fax (provide no.).
9. Provide a copy of “Release Information Consent” for your agency.
Equipment Authorisation Contract
Must be separate from authorisation contract for course study.
To request a pro forma invoice for equipment: Contact GIA Instruments directly on 800 421 8161. They will price the equipment for you and issue you a pro forma invoice based on current pricing. (Refer to GIA's campus store for current equipment pricing: store.gia.edu)
Equipment billing questions: For information on how to set up the payment procedure for equipment invoicing, contact us.
When the Authorisation Contract process is complete, the student must call to register and enrol: +1 760 603 4000, ext 4401. Receipt of an Authorisation Contract does not automatically enrol a student.
To submit your authorisations please contact us for instructions.