The application period is now open until 31 March 2021.
GIA-administered scholarships are available for GIA campuses worldwide.
- Applicants will be considered for all available scholarships.
- Applicants are eligible to be awarded one scholarship each calendar year.
- All applications must be submitted online through the GIA website
- Applications are accepted ONLY during the application period.
The number of scholarships awarded, as well as the amount of each award, will vary by campus location, the number of qualified applicants received and GIA’s ability to effectively deliver the course or programme due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Several of GIA's scholarships may be awarded based on student financial need. Students in the US seeking need-based scholarships for GIA on-campus programmes are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. Those students opting not to complete the FAFSA application will not be considered for need-based scholarships.
U.S. CITIZENS and US PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY are eligible to apply for:
On-Campus Scholarships for either the Carlsbad, CA or New York campus.
- Distance Education (eLearning) and Lab Class Scholarships.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ONLY (non-US citizens resident outside the US) are eligible to apply for:
On-Campus or Lab Class Scholarships for the following international campuses: India, London, Hong Kong, Taiwan (Chinese language ONLY) and Thailand.
International Distance Education (eLearning) Scholarships DO NOT apply to lab class tuition.
HOW TO APPLY - ONLINE ONLY
Application forms are available on the GIA website ONLY during application periods. An application number and password allow unlimited access to the form. Any required documents should be attached using the computer Browse function and must be in Word, pdf or jpeg format (rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
Complete only one online scholarship application form, answer all questions, and attach the required documents. Required documents include: copy of official identification card with picture, such as a passport, driving licence, national identity card etc.; and a minimum of one letter of recommendation (two allowed). Applications submitted without the required documents, or with incorrect documents, will be rejected.
Applicant must indicate a programme of study and the method of study (on-campus, lab class or eLearning-Distance Education). The applicant should not apply for a specific named scholarship but will be considered for all scholarships available for the programme and study method chosen. Members of the scholarship review committee will match applicants with each scholarship’s criteria as outlined by the scholarship donor.
Scholarship award offers must be officially accepted or declined. When a scholarship award is accepted, the applicant remains eligible to apply for a new scholarship the following calendar year. All applicants not chosen for a scholarship, or those who decline a scholarship, are encouraged to apply again.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline indicated. No requests for deadline extensions are allowed. However, assistance during normal business hours will be provided to any applicant experiencing a technical issue before the deadline that is caused by the GIA scholarship programme. Contact us for any technical issue.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
LETTER(s) of RECOMMENDATION (one required, two allowed) recommending you for a GIA scholarship - NOT for employment. DO NOT attach a CV.
- Writer states who they are, how they know you, why they are recommending you for a GIA scholarship, and why they believe a GIA scholarship award will help you to achieve your goals.
- Typed (not handwritten) in English (or a translation done by a professional must be included).
- If possible, the letter writer should be from a professional company but CANNOT be a relative, family member or current GIA employee. Other acceptable letter writers are from non-profit organisations, an employer, a co-worker, your church, a former teacher, a community organisation to which you belong, a place where you volunteer or similar organisations.
- Letter MUST BE SIGNED & DATED within past 12 months, and MUST INCLUDE all contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), written on a company letterhead if available.
- ACCEPTABLE document formats: PDF, Word document or jpeg. UNACCEPTABLE document format (will be rejected): rtf, txt or odt files, zip folders or scans of social media pages.
GIA accepts scholarships awarded from outside sources – private companies, service organisations, state programmes, employers, tribal grants, etc.
Contact us or call on +1 760 603 4131.