Continuing Education Recognition Programme
Our Continuing Education Recognition Programme offers ongoing education about the gem and jewellery industry. Stay current with access to the latest knowledge, research and trends.
Any alumni who hold a GIA Graduate Gemologist®or Gemologist Diploma.
- Eight interactive modules (one per month, February to September) via GIA’s online platform, featuring video, stunning photography and online lectures from experts in gemmology.
- Access to GIA eLearning course materials including Diamond Essentials, Coloured Stone Essentials, Diamonds & Diamond Grading, Coloured Stones and Gem Identification.
- Rich multimedia library with hundreds of exclusive videos.
How It Works
- All modules are delivered online through My GIA
- Complete all module activities by 31 December and score 75% or better on each one
Continuing education offerings by the GIA Alumni Association™ are considered avocational or recreational in nature and are not intended to prepare individuals for entry-level employment. They are non-credit bearing and do not lead to a GIA academic qualification. They are not eligible for state or federal student financial aid programmes and do not fall under the approval of the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) or the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).