Consumers now, more than ever, have a heightened awareness of sustainably and ethically sourced products. The GIA Diamond Origin Report uses scientific evaluation to provide confirmation of a diamond’s geographical origin. Origin information for a diamond helps you to distinguish between natural and laboratory-grown diamonds and deliver a strong message on the good mined diamonds do for the country they come from. Proof of a diamond’s origin provides the peace-of-mind a consumer needs before they purchase and you can use this origin information as a way to build trust and credibility with your customers.
The GIA Diamond Origin Report is only available for diamonds that have gone through GIA Rough Analysis Service before polishing. The origin service is not available for diamonds previously graded by GIA that have not been through GIA’s rough analysis. The following documents are required for rough diamond submission:
- All parcels must be submitted with their Kimberley Process (KP) Certificate if the diamonds have left their country of origin (for example, rough mined in Botswana submitted to GIA’s Botswana laboratory location without having left the country at any time does not need a KP Certificate).
- Invoice from the mining company of the parcels mentioning invoice number, lot number, weight, quantity and country of origin
As long as the rough diamonds are submitted in sealed parcels with the required paperwork mentioned above (KP certificate and invoice from mining company), they can be accepted for the GIA Diamond Origin Service. If the parcel has been opened without the physical presence of a GIA representative, the risk of getting mixed stones from different sources is too high for GIA to accept the goods for the GIA Diamond Origin Service.
For rough diamond characterisation, you can submit to GIA laboratory locations in Antwerp, Johannesburg, Botswana, Mumbai, Surat, New York and Japan. You may submit the polished diamond for the Diamond Origin Service, which must be accompanied by the GIA rough report number, at any GIA laboratory location around the world.
Diamond Origin Report service includes:
- A printed report containing GIA’s full, authoritative 4Cs grading assessment, including a plotted diagram of the polished diamond
- Confirmation of the diamond’s geographical origin, with the country clearly stated on the report
- Inscription of report number on the diamond’s girdle for added security and identification
- Enhanced Report Checkfeatures such as full-colour digital images of the diamond in its rough and polished state, as well as an image-rich story of the diamond’s country of origin
More Tools to Tell the Story
Retailers have access to supporting materials to help their customers deepen their understanding of and emotional connection with the diamond they purchase. Materials include a colourful book and app that trace a diamond’s journey from formation through discovery and mining, polishing and grading, and describes the beneficial impact of diamonds in a given country. The app also includes report data and images of the rough and polished diamond.
These additional materials are available through the Retailer Support Programme at retailer.GIA.edu.
Diamond Origin and GIA's Scientific Matching
As the world leader in gemmological research, GIA is uniquely able to utilise over 60 years of scientific knowledge and technology to deliver the rough-to-polish matching confirmation for polished stones. GIA collects data and images for rough analysis. Once GIA receives the polished diamond, GIA uses markers and data identified during the analysis of the rough to scientifically match the polished diamond to its original rough, confirming the diamond’s country of origin.
Connecting the Diamond Supply Chain
GIA’s Diamond Origin Service brings added transparency to the diamond supply chain. By connecting participating miners, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers, the service ensures that expertly graded natural diamonds whose countries of origin have been scientifically confirmed, reach the end consumer.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Thank you! A customer service representative will contact you soon.